Call for Nominations
The Alberta Canola Producers Commission is seeking four canola growers to serve as directors on the board of directors for a 3-year term.
This year, directors are needed in regions 2, 5, 8, 11.
Alberta Canola divides Alberta into 12 regions, with each region electing a producer director to represent the canola growers within that region. Visit albertacanola.com/regions for a map and information on the regions.
The Board of Directors meets quarterly and is guided in decision making by five committees comprised of board members and staff.
The committees are:
- Governance and Finance
- Grower Relations and Extension
- Government and Industry Affairs
- Public Engagement & Promotion
For full descriptions and committee roles please visit: albertacanola.com/committees
Can I become an Alberta Canola Director?
Do you grow canola in Alberta? Then yes!
Any producer who has paid a service charge on canola sold since August 1, 2018 can stand for election as a Director. An eligible producer can be an individual, corporation, partnership, or organization and must produce canola within the defined region in order to be nominated. A producer does not have to reside within the region.
What are the responsibilities of a Director?
- Represent the canola farmers in your region on the Board, making informed decisions on issues based in research, finance, policy, extension, and market development.
- Attend 4 board meetings per year. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a diversity of valuable meetings, courses, conferences, and events.
For complete details on becoming a director and to download nomination forms visit albertacanola.com/elections
Nominations for the position of Director must be filed in writing at the Alberta Canola office on or before 4:00 pm on October 30, 2020.
The mission of Alberta Canola is to support the long term success of canola farmers in Alberta through research, extension, consumer engagement, and advocacy for canola farmers.
For more information please contact: