Canadian Canola Growers Association media release
Winnipeg, Manitoba – February 24, 2021 Canadian Canola Growers Association’s (CCGA) board of directors has elected Mike Ammeter from Sylvan Lake, Alberta to serve as the Association’s Chair for a two-year term. The board of directors also welcomed new director Dean Roberts from Coleville, Saskatchewan during the association’s annual general meeting held on February 23, 2021.
“I am honoured to accept the position of Chair and look forward to working with the board of directors and the staff,” said Ammeter. “These are interesting times for canola farmers with exciting opportunities ahead.”
In accepting his new role as Chair, Ammeter thanked outgoing Chair Bernie McClean. “During his tenure, Bernie dedicated significant time to representing Canada’s canola farmers here at home and abroad,” said Ammeter. “We appreciate his strong leadership and dedication to Canada’s canola farmers during his term.”
Ammeter also thanked outgoing board member Gerry Hertz from Saskatchewan, who served on CCGA’s board for four years. “Gerry has been a thoughtful contributor to our board, and we extend our gratitude for his commitment to helping farmers succeed in so many ways.”
CCGA’s 10 board members represent five provincial canola organizations:
- Chair – Mike Ammeter (Alberta Canola)
- Vice-Chair – Roger Chevraux (Alberta Canola)
- Secretary – Katelyn Duncan (SaskCanola)
- Treasurer – Andre Harpe (Alberta Canola)
- Director – Robert Vander Linden (B.C. Grain Producers Association)
- Director – Bernie McClean (SaskCanola)
- Director – Dean Roberts (SaskCanola)
- Director – Jack Froese (Manitoba Canola Growers Association)
- Director – Clayton Harder (Manitoba Canola Growers Association)
- Director – Hubert Beaudry (Ontario Canola Growers Association)
Canadian Canola Growers Association represents canola farmers on national and international issues, policies and programs that impact farm profitability and has been an administrator of the Government of Canada’s Advance Payments Program since 1984. For more information visit www.ccga.ca or follow CCGA on Twitter @ccga_ca.
Kelly Green, Director of Communications
e: [email protected]
The Alberta Canola Producers Commission is a farmer directed organization representing Alberta’s 14,000 canola growers and is a member of the Canadian Canola Growers Association.