Canadian Canola Growers Association hub article
Farmers anxiously waiting to apply for a cash advance through the Advance Payments Program (APP) will be pleased that starting June 7, Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA) is now accepting applications under the increased APP limits.
“It’s three days earlier than we planned,” says Dave Gallant, Director of Operations at CCGA, “but our team has been working very hard, along with program officials, to get this enhanced service in the hands of the hundreds of farmers who have called our office in recent weeks.”
“Our updated 2019 cash advance application is now available on three platforms including phone applications, and two web-based options,” says Gallant “Our team is just as eager as farmers to start working with the expanded APP benefits now available.”
As announced by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC), the 2019 APP limits are increasing to:
- $1,000,000 total maximum eligible advance, and
- up to $100,000 interest‑free for all eligible commodities, plus an additional $400,000 interest‑free limit for canola only.
Apply today; funds issued beginning June 26
“We’ll be accepting pre-applications at the increased limits until June 25,” says Gallant. “It’s a good idea for farmers to get their paperwork done early, so that we can process these advances and potentially deposit their advance funds on our first day of issuing, June 26.”
For farmers interested in applying, Gallant reminds them that the $1 million maximum eligible advance is cumulative over two program years, including 2019 and 2018. “If a farmer has a 2018 advance, the value of that advance will be included in calculating the maximum eligible advance for 2019.”
Farmers who want to apply for (or increase) their advance but stay under the current limit of $400,000 can apply now and, if eligible, will have funds issued immediately, once approved. These advances would include the new interest‑free limit up to $400,000.
Farmers who want to apply for (or increase) their advance to an amount that’s more than $400,000 can complete a pre-application now and, if eligible, will have funds issued beginning June 26.
Gallant says there are several ways to apply with CCGA:
- For first‑time cash advance customers, we recommend that you call our Contact Centre at 1‑866‑745‑2256. Our experienced team helps make the application process easy. You could also
- Farmers who have an existing 2019 advance and want to apply for additional funds over $400,000 will have to call us to complete an application or
- Existing CCGA customers who have not yet applied in 2019 and already have an CCGA online account have the option to apply online through their Cash Advance Account Login or use one of the other options mentioned above.
Thanks to the Canadian Canola Growers Association for generously sharing this content.
Visit the CCGA website for more agricultural news, videos and podcasts