Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) provides a suite of annual crop insurance programs to safeguard against production loss. Learn more at: afsc.ca/crop-insurance/annual-crop-insurance/
Spring Price Endorsement
- Deadline – SPE must be elected by April 30th
- Provides protection on a crop specific basis from ‘within-year’ price declines for both production based and area-based annual insurance.
- Available for eligible AFSC clients with crops insured at the 60%, 70% or 80% coverage level.
- More info can be found at afsc.ca/crop-insurance/annual-crop-insurance/spring-price-endorsement/
Producers can manage their risk through a suite of business risk management programs, including AgriStability, AgriIvest, AgriRecovery, offered in partnership by the provincial and federal governments. Learn more at: afsc.ca/income-stabilization/
Business Risk Management Tools – AgriStability
- Deadline – to be eligible for AgriStability, you must be enrolled by April 30th
- Changes made in response to industry and producer feedback ensure a more equitable level of support, producers are now guaranteed at least 70% of calculated Olympic Average Reference Margin.
- Protects against increased input costs, production losses and adverse market conditions
- Assists with eligibility requirements to the Advanced Payments Program
- More info and forms can be found at afsc.ca/income-stabilization/agristability/
Business Risk Management Tools – AgriInvest
- Eligibility requirements – taxes filed by September 30th following the end of the program year
- Administered by the Federal Administration – Contact – 1-866-367-8506
- More info and forms can be found at afsc.ca/income-stabilization/agriinvest/