The Alberta Government is hosting these events
- Register for a webinar to learn more about Employment Standards rules and responsibilities.
- Webinars are free and can be accessed from the comfort of your home or office.
- You need to sign up in advance to reserve your seat in a webinar.
- Recordings of previously held webinars will also be available for on-demand access.
- It’s recommended that you don’t use Internet Explorer when participating in a webinar. Recommended browsers include Chrome and Firefox.
Overview of changes to Employment Standards
This information session provides a general overview of the upcoming changes to Employment Standards that become effective January 1, 2018. This information session, will cover topics such as:
- when changes to employment standards will take effect
- key employment standards rules and entitlements that had updates
- what rules and entitlements are new in employment standards, including job-protected leaves
- what is an administrative penalty system and other upcoming changes to administration and enforcement
- where to find additional information about employment standards
Changes to Employment Standards for farms and ranches
This information session provides a general overview of the upcoming changes to Employment Standards for farming and ranching operations that become effective January 1, 2018. It will cover topics such as:
- who qualifies for farm and ranch exemptions
- who’s considered a family member
- rules that apply to non-family, waged employees
- rules specific to youth workers on farms and ranches
Register to attend
A list of scheduled sessions and registration information is now available. Every individual who wants to attend a webinar needs to sign up in order to reserve their seat. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Registration at least 24 hours in advance is strongly encouraged.
A link for the webinar will be provided by email before the date of the webinar. Watch your inbox for updates. Check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive a confirmation email.
Recordings of previous webinars
Recordings of previously held webinars available here: