In support of Mental Illness Awareness Week
Knowledge is power, and agriculture is unique. A recent report, Healthy Minds, Healthy Farms by Farm Management Canada identified that “farmers are more likely to participate in support programs offered by providers familiar with agriculture and cater to the unique needs of farmers.”
The “Talk, Ask, Listen” workshop was created to bridge this gap and provide a mental health literacy program that is specific to the unique experiences of agriculture, and delivered by a facilitator who understands the industry.
We invite individual producers, farm families and those involved in agri-business across Canada to participate in this free, interactive mental health education, tailored to the agriculture sector.
Offered at zero cost, in bite size one-hour modules, join us October 5-8 at 1:30 Alberta time each day, to gain knowledge and skills in identifying mental illness, support, and self care.
- Oct 5: Module 1 – Mental Health Awareness
- Participants will learn about the basics of mental health and different forms of mental illnesses
- Oct 6: Module 2 – Providing Support
- Participants will learn what support looks like and how to start conversations when someone may be going through a hard time
- Oct 7: Module 3 – Supporting Within Your Means
- For those who are in supporting roles, viewers will learn and discuss boundaries, appropriate intervention based on comfort and training, as well as resources for yourself and others.
- Oct 8: Module 4 – How to Take Care of Yourself
- Wrapping up our sessions, participants will learn about prevention, self care and review tips, strategies and practical applications on how to take care of yourself and your mental health.
Although it is encouraged to attend all modules, your registration will provide access to all sessions individually, as well as a link to access recording of the previous session for 24 hours.
We look forward to you joining us for this exciting week!