The Alberta Canola Producers Commission is a proud member of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA).
CCGA Cash Advance information from www.ccga.ca/cash-advance/
For over 30 years, CCGA has helped to finance the operating cash flow needs of western Canadian farmers through administering the Advance Payments Program (APP). The APP is a federal government program made available through Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC).
Why should you choose a farm cash advance?
On May 1, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) announced INCREASED LIMITS for the 2019-20 Advance Payments Program. CCGA is working with AAFC to update the cash advance system as quickly as possible to accept applications under the new limits.
Read the press release (May 1, 2019) — Cash Advance Program Enhancements Support Farmers.
- NEW $1,000,000 available to all farmers, which includes —
- NEW up to $500,000 interest-free for canola,
- up to $100,000 interest free for all other commodities,
- interest-bearing portion at 0.5% below prime rate (new, lower rate for 2019).
- 45 eligible commodities, including all major field crops and livestock
- Up to 18-month repayment period on all crops, honey, hogs, lambs, sheep and goats
- Up to 24-month repayment period on all cattle and bison
These low interest rates lower your cost of production, which allows you to stretch your own dollar further. The added cash flow also gives you more time to execute your grain marketing plan. You can sell when the time and price is best for you.
Why a cash advance from CCGA?
CCGA is the largest and most experienced APP administrator in Canada and strives to make the program as convenient as possible. To do this, we offer:
- More commodities, including all major field crops and livestock (about 50 commodities in total).
- Multiple ways to apply. Producers can choose the application method that works for them:
- One-stop shop for farm cash advances. CCGA offers advances on 40 field crops and five livestock types, all on one application with one low administration fee.
- Account management made simple. CCGA offers multiple ways to manage your account, including online or on-the-go with our CCGA Cash Advance Login.
- Quick transactions through your bank. When applying, CCGA allows you to choose EFT (electronic funds transfer), which deposits your cheque directly into your bank account. Then, when it’s time to repay your advance, you can do so through your financial institution – in-branch, over the phone, or online.
- Easy repayment when you deliver grain to your local elevator. When you deliver your grain to your local elevator, the elevator staff can take the advance deduction and submit it directly to CCGA on your behalf.
CCGA Contact Information
400 -1661 Portage Avenue