The Alberta Canola Producers Commission is a proud member of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA).
CCGA Cash Advance information from www.ccga.ca/cash-advance/
For over 30 years, CCGA has helped to finance the operating cash flow needs of western Canadian farmers through administering the Advance Payments Program (APP). The APP is a federal government program made available through Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC).
Why should you choose a cash advance?
A cash advance is financial flexibility for your farm. The APP offers:
- $100,000 interest-free and up to $400,000 at a blended interest rate below CIBC Prime
- Up to 18-month repayment period on all crops, honey, hogs, lambs, sheep and goats
- Up to 24-month repayment period on all cattle and bison
These low interest rates lower your cost of production, which allows you to stretch your own dollar further. The added cash flow also gives you more time to execute your grain marketing plan. You can sell when the time and price is best for you.
Why a cash advance from CCGA?
CCGA is the largest APP administrator in Canada and strives to make taking advantage of the program as convenient as possible. To do this, we offer:
- Multiple ways to apply. Producers can choose the application method that works for them: over the phone with an account representative, online, fax, email, in-person at CCGA’s office or a local elevator, or mail.
- One-stop shop for cash advances. CCGA offers advances on 40 field crops and five livestock types, all on one application with one low administration fee.
- Account management made simple. CCGA offers multiple ways to manage your account, including online or on-the-go with our CCGA Cash Advance App.
- Quick transactions through your bank. When applying, CCGA allows you to choose EFT transfer, which deposits your cheque directly into your bank account. Then, when it’s time to repay your advance, you can do so through your financial institution – in-branch, over the phone, or online.
- Easy repayment when you deliver grain to your local elevator. When you deliver your grain to your local elevator, the elevator staff can take the advance deduction and submit it directly to CCGA on your behalf.
Recent Changes to APP
Spring 2015 Expansion of the APP
Starting in the 2015-16 program year, changes for CCGA included:
- More commodities, including all major field crops and livestock (45 commodities in total)
- Removal of withhold
- For advances on crops, proof of sale documentation is not required for repayments made from the beginning of the production period to January 31, 2016, except when requested by the administrator.
CCGA Contact Information
400 -1661 Portage Avenue