Alberta Canola is pleased to present the first webinar of the Recruitment, Selection and Hiring webinar series on March 20, 2017.
In partnership with the Canadian Agricultural Human Resource Council, this instructive three-part webinar series has been created specifically for agricultural producers interested in learning about how to recruit, select and hire qualified employees. As an agricultural business owner, manager or supervisor you will learn how to make crucial HR management decisions, avoid common pitfalls, and increase your understanding of the best approaches to recruitment, selection and hiring. Templates and instructions are provided to help you carefully construct your own successful recruitment, selection and hiring plans as well as access to CAHRC’s HR Toolkit.
At the end of the three part series, participants will be able to:
- IDENTIFY the process for recruiting, selecting and hiring workers
- EXPLAIN how to use job descriptions
- DISCUSS the process of selecting workers in adherence with legal obligations
- EVALUATE the effectiveness of recruitment and selection methods
- DESIGN a selection interview
- FORMULATE an offer of employment
- EVALUATE the effectiveness of new hire welcome and orientation programs
Webinar 1: Monday, March 20, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. – Recruiting Employees
Creating a job description, creating a job advertisement, create a farm profile, recruiting methods
Webinar 2: Monday, March 27, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. – Selecting Employees
Asking the right questions, tips for successful interviewing, pre-and post interview, checking references
Webinar 3: Monday, April 3, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. – Hiring Employees
The hiring process, offer of employment, legal obligations, find solutions to retention
You must register for each webinar individually, and you are not required to attend all three.